Nursing Home Negligence – Holding The Responsible Party Accountable
The demand for assisted living in Canada is on the rise with the aging of the baby boomer generation and their families actively seeking supportive living accommodations. With this overwhelming demand, many elders are neglected, abused or harmed in many ways. Some of the neglect, abuse or harms include:
- Failure to treat or diagnose in a timely manner
- Falls due to inadequate safety measures, procedures or equipment
- Medication and prescription errors
- Sexual or physical assault
- Theft of possession
- Abuse or neglect
- Improper use of restraints
- Failure to follow physicians instruction
- Inadequate security measures
- Improper supervision, monitoring and hygiene
- Failure to prevent bedsores or pressure sores
- Malnutrition or dehydration
Most of the above failures result from neglect or mistreatment and can cause serious consequences arising from the emotional trauma, trigger depression and psychological disorders. The best action you can take is to hold the responsible party accountable and enforce the nursing home’s obligation to maintain a standard of care that they provide.
Has a member of your family sustained serious injury, irreparable harm or wrongful death as a result of a nursing home neglect, abuse or error? Futerman Partners can help you in making the guilty party accountable and receive compensation intended to address the pain and suffering associated with the accident or loss of a loved one. For more information on how our experienced wrongful death lawyers can help, please call Futerman Partners at 416-925-4100 or visit our website at www.futermanpartners.com.